Friday 6 January 2012

Taking a break from writing before I go insane. Amusing myself with 'Alice Roulette'. It's something I used to do as a kid whenever I was ill, and seeing as I'm still stuck in this cold/flu haze funk, and am suffering from severe writers' block, I've decided it's time to play once again. The whole idea of the game - which I invented as a six year old with chickenpox - is to flick through 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' and whenever I land on a page, I read the first paragraph that I see. After that, I watch the relevant scene from the original Disney movie. Sure, it's weird and doesn't make much sense, but it kept me happy as a child, and I'm still happy with it now.

So as I battle this awful flu/cold thing and attempt to break down this horrifying writers' block (seriously, why is it so hard to break through this?!) I'm finding comfort in my childhood companion. And also, baby animal pictures online. Who doesn't love baby elephants?

No comments:

Post a Comment